Delta’s taking over Terminal C [formerly US Airways] at La Guardia airport and is bringing a slew of big food names with it, Florence Fabricant of the NYTimes reports here. Delta’s customer satisfaction will most likely take flight, how can anyone be angry over a silly delay when they are able dine on dishes by chef Michael White or chef Andrew Carmellini (just to name drop a few)? I think they’re onto something here and I think I just signed up for Delta SkyMiles.
List of reported restaurants:
– Michael White’s Cotto, with pizza and pasta;
– Empire Tavern, from Riad Nasr and Lee Hanson of Balthazar;
– Kombu, with Japanese food, from Jamison Blankenship, formerly of Morimoto, who now has a ramen place in Brooklyn;
– Vagabond Burger Bar, by Anne Burrell of the Food Network;
– Andrew Carmellini’s Victory Grill.
More casual spots are:
– Artichoke pizza, from the Artichoke Basille team;
– Custom Burgers, with meat by Pat LaFrieda;
– Biergarten, developed by Garrett Oliver of Brooklyn Brewery;
– Andrew Carmellini’s Minnow, with seafood;
– Aarón Sanchez’s Vuelo Taqueria;
– Wibar wine bar, from the sommelier Roger Dagorn;
– Xun Su, with Chinese;
– World Bean, a coffee cafe;
– Interwich for global sandwiches by Andrew Zimmern, television’s adventure-eater.
Photo Credit: Eater